Kripalu Center For Yoga and Health
Deep Stretching for Tight Bodies and Active Minds
YA credits- 8.25For all levels.
March 23-25, 2018
YA credits- 8.25 For all levels.
Learn to let go of stress, release the issues in your tissues, and open your energy centers. Mimi Solaire’s approach to deep stretching combines Yin Yoga principles, anatomy, Western stretching methods, breathing techniques, and meditation to reengage muscles and disengage unhelpful thoughts. You work with both physical and energetic anatomy, and experience the PSOAS muscles through trauma-release postures that relieve tension caused by PTSD, surgery, and the stress of daily life.
Mimi guides you through a gentle practice which stimulates muscular, circulatory, and nervous systems, providing a balanced approach to aligning body, mind, and breath.
- Practice Yin/restorative poses to gain meditative insights into your issues
- Learn to observe thoughts and emotions that create tension and chronic pain
- Explore meditation exercises to calm and refocus the mind.
Testimonials - 2018
- “I learned skills to take home with me and use every day”
- "I learned about yin yoga and connection between body and emotions especially in relation to pain.”
- “Mimi’s combination of anatomical/physical knowledge and inspirational/spiritual was great”
- “Amazing unforgettable experience”
- “Great information—lots of wisdom”
Saturday, December 1st • 10am-12pm
The Phoenician hosted outdoor, all-levels yoga classes (2 x 40 min) on Saturday, Dec 1st at 10:00 am. This FREE EVENT was be led by Mimi Solaire and Lorilee Gillmore, representing Metta Yoga - the organizer of The Phoenician Rising events.